We are interested in the following deal types:
- Management buy-outs
- Growth capital
- Replacement capital
- Project finance
we target companies in the following sectors:
- Consumer products
- Business and financial services
- Mining and metals
- Infrastructure and Energy
The key factors that we look for in potential investments are:
- a well formulated strategy and the ambition to grow their company
- proven Business model
- recognizable Brand
- capable of at least doubling profits in 3-5 years
- high barriers to entry with strong contractual agreements.
- value creation through operational improvements, Capital Investments, transformational acquisitions.
- Petron invests in companies that our expertise will add a competitive advantage.
- Scalable infrastructure
- Defensible competitive advantages
- Generally asset-light or backed by Credit worthy Long term Purchaser
- Operating history at least 3 years
- We work with business owners and management to structure a partnership aimed at executing goals and objectives that are achievable and measurable.
- In our Project Finance model, we typically invest in tranches, tied to specific milestones. Since we put a substantial amount of time and energy into each investment, we typically seek majority ownership positions.
We like to work with co-investors to mitigate risk and create a greater access to capital. We also view the management team as co-investors and believe that management should have a financial interest in the Company.
We enter into these partnerships with an exit strategy of 5 -10 years in place
Petron pays appropriate fees to those who introduce us to investment opportunities in which we invest.